Senior Legal Counsel
Posted 29 June 2020
A rarely available opportunity has arisen for an accomplished lawyer with extensive Energy experience to join one of the region's leaders in their field; in the capacity of Senior Legal Counsel.
This opportunity will suit a common law qualified Counsel or Partner with 15+ years of experience; gained in highly regarded institutions. The seniority of the role may suggest a team management role however our discerning client will only accept those who have remained hands-on throughout their careers. If you are currently looking for a stable opportunity in the Energy sector and have the requisite experience then please do not hesitate in applying.
- Serve, effectively, as the Genersal Counsel; managing every facet of the entity's Legal responsibilities, leading a team of established lawyers.
- Provide legal support, guidance and contractual deviation approvals to country/territory legal teams during negotiation of various key service contracts.
- Negotiate Global Master Service Agreements, and Global Frame Agreements with International Oil Companies and Independents.
- Consolidate cross border Agreements with key suppliers/subcontractors.
- Initiate partnership agreements such as memorandum of understandings, joint venture agreements, consortium agreements at a high-level
- Draft/update and implement legal and compliance related policies, procedures and processes.
- Provide corporate legal advice to senior executive management team.
- Liaise with external legal counsels in various jurisdictions on legal opinion, litigation and arbitration.
- Provide company secretarial duties on behalf of the entity.
- 15+ years gained in either top tier law firms or significant Energy firms.
- Common Law Qualified with an active practicing certificate.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Outstanding attention to deal.
- A track-record as serving autonomously
- Comfortable with leveraging knowledge and diplomacy in equal measure.
Our client is motivated to effect a change as soon as is possible however long notice periods will not exclude you from consideration