Posted 26 June 2018
A rare opportunity has arisen with one of the leading banking and financial services institutions in Bahrain for a Legal Manager to come on board and lead the legal department. The successful candidate will be required to take the lead on all legal, risk and regulatory compliance matters for the bank. You will be tasked to provide high quality advice to the top executives of the organization to support a wide range of matters within the bank’s platform.
- Develop and implement the legal strategy, policies and procedures covering all areas of legal activity so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost effective service to internal bank departments and management.
- Provide accurate, decisive and timely legal advice to various Business units.
- Drafting reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts.
- Advising management of legal matters and ensure compliancy is adhered too.
- Ensure that matters arising from legal issues are promptly identified and dealt with accordingly.
- Advise on operational strategies.
- Arabic speaking is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a reputable University
- 6 years of PQE preferably with a mix of law firm and in-house financial experience.
- Excellent commercial and corporate legal skill set.
- Strong understanding of the financial services and banking sector.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills are essential.
BAHRAINI NATIONALS ARE PREFERRED FOR THIS ROLE AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Candidates who qualify for this position may kindly quote the Job Title in the subject of your email and send your CV as an attachment in MS Word Document format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required
and stipulated within the advert text