In-House Lawyer/Legal Counsel
Posted 08 November 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of our clients who are a major player within the FMCG industry for an experienced Lawyer to join their In-House legal team based in Jeddah. Reporting to the General Counsel the successful candidates’ responsibilities will include providing legal advice across a number of areas within the organization such as commercial contracts, finance, consumer law, compliance, corporate law and intellectual property.
- Provide a high-quality level of legal advice to the organization across a range of matters.
- Establishing corporate governance and risk management frameworks.
- Identifying issues, legal risks and potential liabilities within commercial contracts.
- Review and sign off on all legal documentation.
- Drafting contracts and other documentations where necessary.
- Contract negotiation when required.
- Be a highly skilled commercial lawyer with at least 5 years of post-qualification experience gained either in private practise or a similar in-house position. (Exposure to the FMCG/Retail sector is attractive but not a requirement.)
- Hold a Bachelor of Laws from a reputable University with a solid academic record.
- Preferably educated from USA, UK, Australia or New Zealand.
- Law firm experience is highly regarded but not necessary.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness, with a strong result orientated and go forward mindset.
- Superior attention to detail skills coupled with excellent drafting skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and research skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Arabic language is required.
Saudi nationals are encouraged to apply for this role.
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text
Send your application to with the subject "Legal Counsel" to email@example.com