Group Commissioning Manager- Large Complex Projects.
Posted 22 May 2018
Our Client is a reputable international contractor looking for a vibrant Group Pre-
commissioning/Commissioning Manager with multi-discipline experience in the Engineering and Construction of Mega Mechanical Oil &Gas, Buildings, Airports and other Infrastructure
The Group manager will be responsible for providing technical support during the tendering
stages where needed and ensuring smooth set-up of Pre-commissioning and Commissioning
activities and teams from the early mobilization phase through all project stages
until the successful project completion.
The job holder reports to the Assistant Vice President, Construction Support& Quality Management.
- Manage and guide a team of Pre-commissioning and Commissioning specialists as the functional head at the Construction Support department corporate office with overall responsibility for technical performance, ensuring application of established procedures and standards of the Contractor at all of the Contractor’s projects worldwide.
- Have a thorough knowledge of various Pre-commissioning/ Commissioning activities( with emphasis on Pre-commissioning ) ranging from Development of pre-commissioning /Commissioning strategies.
- Review of the engineering designs and the identification and definition of systems and sub-systems required from Pre-commissioning /Commissioning works.
- Prepare, review and approve for implementation of the project required for Pre-commissioning / Commissioning plans.
- Have an awareness of HSE matters at all phases of construction and pre-commissioning/Commissioning.
- Coordinate with projects from the onset to set-up the Pre-commissioning /Commissioning department and assist in the requirements, recruitment, mobilization, and performance monitoring of pre-commissioning personnel, as well as with the orientation and training required.
- Attend meetings with Partners, Clients, and Vendors to discuss and agree on pre-
- commissioning/Commissioning split of responsibilities, the scope of works and strategies.
- Continuously monitor, through the projects Pre-commissioning /Commissioning managers, that the works are progressing on time, in compliance with the projects’ requirements and in accordance with Industry standards and legislation.
- Degree in Mechanical or Process Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Higher education is an advantage;
- Minimum (15-20) years of varied experience, working on a breadth of process plants, oil and gas plants, Pipelines, Buildings, Malls and Airports Projects; In-depth knowledge of several project functions with a high level of EPC experience/exposure.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- High level of managerial and leadership skills
- Preferred age range 45-55
Candidates who qualify for this position may kindly visit the Gulf Connexions website to
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set
match those required and stipulated within the advert text.