Financial Reporting Specialist – Dubai
Posted 27 September 2018
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a motivated and experienced Financial Reporting Specialist to join our client within the Finance Team. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for producing daily and monthly management reports as well as performance review reports. This is an excellent opportunity to consolidate your experience and work as part of an intimate finance team.
- Provide advice on accounting issues and transactions that arise (including acquisitions and divestments)
- Assistance with implementation of new accounting standards
- Preparation of annual and half-year statutory consolidated financial statements, statutory technical accounting position papers and quarterly significant accounting matters papers for the Audit, Governance and Risk Management Committee
- Monitoring, researching and interpreting new accounting and reporting requirements and assessing and documenting the impact on the Group’s financial statements
- Work closely with external auditors and assist in the coordination of audits and reviews
- Preparation and/or review of complex and specialised accounting entries, including hedge accounting
- Development and implementation of financial accounting policies and procedures and provision of support to the finance teams to ensure application of and improvement in the timeliness and quality of financial reporting
- Draft modifications and improvements to accounting policies and processes
- Delivery of technical accounting training to the business
- CPA or CA qualifications is a prerequisite.
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting from a reputable institution.
- Minimum 5 years' work experience within the financial sector preferably with big 4 experience.
- Substantial technical accounting knowledge and understanding of relevant accounting standards and principles
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team as well as autonomously.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively, as well as ability to influence others
- Extensive analytical capability, problem solving ability and attention to detail.
Candidates who qualify for this position may kindly quote the Job Title in the subject of your email and send your CV as an attachment in MS Word Document format to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text.