FI Relationship Manager
Posted 17 September 2020
Gulf Connexions has been retained by our prestigious long term banking client based in the Emirates to source and idenitfy a suitable candidate for their requirement of a Financial Institutions – Relationship Manager.
We are interested in connecting with candidates who have strong, established relationships with other banks and deep understanding of FI Banking product lines.
- The incumbent will be responsible for facilitating the bank to develop good quality assets and liabilities, whilst identifying various geographic regions and new business opportunities for expanding FI business.
- Continue managing risk buying/selling capabilities in the secondary market for better portfolio management and identify new non-customer related transaction for risk participation in assigned territories
- Carry out the necessary due diligence on the existing banks within a given geographical portfolio as well as introduce new relationships and provide recommendations on courses of action. Such due diligence is required for all types of FI arrangements, including trade finance, nostro/vostros, cash management etc.
- Responsible for achieving assigned financial target revenues at individual and department level.
- Adhere and comply with UAE Central Bank’s internal applicable policies and procedures as well as governing regulations issued by concerned authorities.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant FI experience preferably in a UAE/GCC based financial institution in a similar position is mandatory, of the total 10 years of corporate banking experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/financial engineering- Master's degree is preferential.
- Strong understanding of products with the ability to sell FI products e.g. Risk Participation, LC/LG/Guarantee Confirmations, Syndications, Back to back Murabaha and Wakala transactions.
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and client management skills
- Comfortable in working independently while effectively working across functional lines and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to expand client network
- Posses the ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Have the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally.
If you're interested in this opportunity and would like to submit your application for this role then send your updated CV to Isha.email@example.com
If this job doesn't quite fit right your background & experience but you are eager to find a new opportunity, please contact a member of our executive search team for a confidential discussion.
*Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text