Assistant Purchasing Manager
Posted 10 December 2018
Our client is a leading food and beverage Group looking to hire Assistant Purchasing Manager for Riyadh office.
Responsible for the day to day operations in the absence of the Purchasing Manager, provides essential supervision, administrative assistance and maintains full and adequate purchases / stock requirements of the organization.
- Responsible administratively of the purchasing office staff personnel schedules, appraisals and trainings.
- Coordinates and ensures smooth process of purchase requests allocated by Purchasing Manager
- Ensures that set policy and procedures quotations, documentation, specification and explanation) are being followed and practiced
- Constantly verifies all system updates concerning data stock items, regarding name, packing, weight and units
- Reviews, checks and updates constantly entered quotations concerning price and duration validity
- Reviews, checks and notes explanation for deliveries Discrepancy report, regarding any price or quantity variance, for onward submission to the Purchasing Manager
- Ensures that all PO issue for all approved purchase orders to the respective vendors is delivered on time.
- To print the weekly “order pending report” to follow up and verify approved requests, items not delivered according to the specified vendor’s delivery dates
- Provides constant and accurate feedback to the purchasing manager and department heads on Market conditions, items availability, seasonal items, delivery lead times and price trends.
- Identifies and recommends new market products in terms of quality and price competitiveness
- Advises through market knowledge, special offers, discounted products, cost saving substitutes and possible brand shortages, serving the benefit of the property
- Monitors vendors reliability and services, establishes new contracts with prospective vendors
- Performs related duties and any assigned special projects as and when requested
- Saudi National
- Bachelors degree holder
- 3-5 years of Experience procuring commercial products and services. Substantial experience in procuring F&B services and products is essential.
- Working knowledge of commonly used contract types; working knowledge of clauses and special provisions related purchases of goods and services is required.
- Expert knowledge of pricing analysis with the ability analyzes proposals using historical data, commercial catalogs, and price list and industry benchmarks to ensure price reasonableness.
- Must be able to procure and be considered as a specialist in assigned (multiple) categories, requiring a degree of technical knowledge.
- Independent judgment, initiative and decision making.
Candidates who qualify for this position may kindly quote the Job Title in the subject of your email and send your CV as an attachment in MS Word Document format to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.