AML & Compliance Officer
Posted 30 December 2018
Our client is one of the leading financial institution looking to hire AML & Compliance Officer for Bahrain office.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of applicable laws and regulations
- Develop compliance standards and compliance monitoring and reporting mechanism.
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and assessing the severity of potential compliance risk.
- Monitoring implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of non-compliance items, and providing general guidance for avoiding such issues where required.
- Recommending or initiating investigations in response to any violations of rules and regulations.
- Act as a focal point for contact with regulators and other industry authorities.
- Ensuring that CBB reporting is done on a timely basis and updating/ maintaining all CBB correspondence.
- Conduct Client on Boarding and due diligence procedures.
- Daily/Monthly/Quarterly re-conciliation of client accounts with the data setup to ensure the right entity has been on-boarded.
- Client/ Customer KYC reviews and maintaining all necessary clients’ due diligence.
- Devise, deliver & monitor an effective Compliance & AML/CFT training program for staff on an annual basis to maintain competency in accordance with the CBB guidelines.
- Establishing and maintaining the AML/combating the financing of terrorism (CFT) policies and procedures.
- Act as the Company’s main point of contact in respect of handling any internal/external suspicious transactions.
- Making external reports to the relevant authority and the CBB.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in Compliance and AML.
- Bahraini or expatriate.
- Approved person by the CBB.
- Has work experience in banking/financial sector.
Candidates who qualify for this position may kindly quote the job title in the subject of your email and send your CV as an attachment in MS Word document format to email@example.com . Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.